NSCA has announced the winners of the fifth annual Excellence in Product Innovation awards, a recognition program for products that have a profound impact on systems integrators.
Any manufacturer that produces low-voltage products for installation by integrators in the commercial space is eligible to apply for this award. The awards were announced on February 27 at NSCA’s 21st annual Business & Leadership Conference in Tampa FL.
Winners were named in each of the following categories, including an overall Grand Prize Winner:
- Ease of Customization: Shure Designer System Configuration Software
- Retrofit/Installer-Friendly: Biamp TCM-1 Beamtracking
- New Revenue Potential: Crestron Flex
- Recurring Revenue Potential: VisibilityOne Video Monitoring
- Technology Platform: QSC Q-SYS Control
- Trailblazing Innovation: Listen Everywhere
- Overall Grand Prize Winner: Digital Projection INSIGHT Laser 8K
Additional considerations were made during the judging process in regard to how the products impact user experience (i.e. scalability, versatility, deployment cost, ease of use, ROI, ADA compliance, energy efficiency, etc.). The judging panel included NSCA’s director of business resources, the editor of Commercial Integrator and a panel of integrators from across North America.
“We received more entries this year than ever before,” NSCA Director of Business Resources, Mike Abernathy, said. “The judging team had their work cut out for them this year, just like they do every year. Each product we reviewed brought something unique and different to our industry. The seven winners we selected stood out for their originality and use of technology.”