AVIXA has announced the 2019 recipients of its annual awards. Honorees will be recognized in a ceremony on InfoComm’s Center Stage at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando FL on June 12.
Each year, AVIXA recognizes AV professionals for their contributions, leadership and commitment to excellence. Members of the industry nominate individuals for the Adele De Berri Pioneers of AV, Mackey Barron Distinguished Achievement, Fred Dixon Service in Education, CTS Holder of the Year, Educator of the Year, Women in AV and Young AV Professionals awards. The Harald Thiel Volunteer of the Year Award is bestowed by AVIXA staff.
“Congratulations to all this year’s winners,” David Labuskes, CTS, CAE, RCDD, CEO, AVIXA, said. “This industry continues to be lifted and enriched by the many creative, innovative, committed professionals who devote their time and expertise. AVIXA is especially fortunate to benefit from so many of their contributions.”
The AVIXA Award winners for this year are:
- Adele De Berri Pioneers of AV Award: Tom Danley, Co-Founder and Designer, Danley Sound Labs
- Mackey Barron Distinguished Achievement Award: Steven Somers, Retired, Extron
- Fred Dixon Service in Education Award: Gordon Moore, President, Lectrosonics
- Harald Thiel Volunteer of the Year Award: Jose Carselle, CTS-D, International Advanced Application Engineer, QSC
- CTS Holder of the Year Award: Rob Ziv, CTS-D, CTS-I, Director of Business Development, Almo Professional AV
- Educator of the Year Award: Jeremy Elsesser, CTS-D, CTS-I, President, Level 3 Audiovisual
- Women in AV Award: Laurie Englert, VP of Customer Experience, Legrand and Lisa Thorburn, CTS, LEED-AP President, Thorburn Associates
- Young AV Professionals Award: Ben Boeshans, CTS-D, Senior Consultant, Idibri