Leviton (Bothell WA) has joined the HDBaseT Alliance, providing HDBaseT-Certification to its end-to-end IT/AV systems. As demand increases for ultra-HD and 4K video displays, HDBaseT network technology has emerged as an attractive solution due to its flexibility, simplicity and standards-based performance assurance. The HDBaseT alliance helps manufacturers, low-voltage integrators, installers and end users take advantage of time-tested IT infrastructure to transmit uncompressed high definition multimedia in commercial applications.
“The HDBaseT Alliance provides a much-needed standard for delivering HD digital video, audio, Ethernet, power and control signals over a single category cable,” said Bill Lauby, Senior Product Manager at Leviton Network Solutions. “Certified HDBaseT extension, coupled with certified IT category cable links, creates a fully qualified standards-based end-to-end solution that is guaranteed to work. In addition, HDBaseT-certified Leviton solutions give low-voltage integrators the audiovisual connectivity they need for commercial, education, healthcare and government installations.”
A product or system with an HDBaseT logo indicates that it complies with HDBaseT standards and is interoperable with other certified products. As a member of the alliance, Leviton ensures customers that its HD video and audio products meet the demanding performance standards established by the alliance.
Benefits of HDBaseT technology include:
- transmission of uncompressed audio and video up to 10.2Gbps, supporting Ultra HD, 2K, 4K and 3D video
- use of category-rated cabling and standard RJ45 connectors as part of a testable permanent link
- support for 100Mbps Ethernet
- power-over-HDBaseT (PoH) capability to allow power from either end of the HDBaseT link
- support for HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection)
- RS232 and IR remote control signal channels for communication between devices.