The SRT Alliance, an open source initiative dedicated to overcoming the challenges of low-latency video streaming, has announced that 22 new members have joined the initiative, including Harmonic, Brightcove, Limelight and Perform Group.
At the 2017 NAB Show, the SRT Alliance was founded by Haivision and Wowza with a goal of expanding the streaming media ecosystem and supporting the collaborative development of SRT, an open source video transport protocol that enables the delivery of high-quality and secure, low-latency video across the public Internet. The SRT Alliance promotes the industry-wide recognition and adoption of SRT as the de facto standard for low latency internet streaming.
“SRT is the low-latency glue that bonds the video streaming ecosystem closer together. The rapid adoption of open source SRT by these companies is going to improve the way we all stream, bringing higher-quality experiences to our viewers,” said Sylvio Jelovcich, Vice President of Global Alliances, Haivision. “We look forward to collaborating with these companies to accelerate innovation in SRT, expand the SRT ecosystem and change the way the world streams video.”
The 22 new members represent a broad range of use cases, vertical segments and geographies, illustrating the intrinsic value of the SRT transport protocol in delivering highly reliable, low-latency point-to-point video links over the internet for companies globally.
Newest Members of the SRT Alliance:
- Brightcove: a global provider of cloud solutions in delivering and monetizing video across connected devices.
- Cabletime: designs, develops and manufactures IPTV encoders, gateways, media players and management software for enterprise environments.
- Churchill Navigation: mission-centric tools for augmented reality overlays of geospatial data over video.
- Cires21: provides live-streaming solutions for professional ecosystems.
- Globelynx: facilitates reliable, live, expert interviews.
- Harmonic: a provider of cloud- and software-based OTT solutions.
- KEP Technology: consulting services to the broadcast, media and corporate organizations to assist with both live TV and communications.
- Kizil Electronics: developer of live broadcast solutions.
- News Global Live: a broadcast news and technology company that develops technology to change how content/news is delivered.
- Perfecta: a provider of Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Cybersecurity (ISR-C) solutions to the US Department of Defense, federal agencies and commercial clients.
- Perform Group: a digital sports content and media group.
- QTCT: a live-transmission service company in China specializing in medical and scientific video production.
- Radiant Communications: designs and manufactures communication systems and products for campus, broadcast and CATV markets.
- Rebotnix Technologies: creators of professional hardware and software video solutions.
- SKIPA Digital Media: SKIPA Digital Media provides a global media platform for live corporate webcasting, IPTV cloud streaming and enterprise integration services.
- Softvelum: a provider of media streaming software tools.
- StreamShark: end-to-end solution provider of a live and on-demand video platform for enterprises, organizations and video agencies.
- Tulix Systems: provides end-to-end OTT/IPTV solutions for live, simulated live, on-demand and time-shifted video.
- T-21: streaming media solutions provider with devices that support decoding, transcoding, encoding, recording and translation of streaming media over private and public networks.
- Virtuvent: video platform and applications for events and publishers. Video encoding and production managed services for enterprise.
For companies who want to participate actively in growing the ecosystem of SRT in low-latency video streaming workflows, you can contact the alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org.