Plantronics has closed its $2 billion acquisition of Polycom.
According to the company, the new Plantronics offers one of the most comprehensive portfolios of communications and collaboration experiences for the UCC ecosystem that spans headsets, software, desk phones, audio and video conferencing, and analytics; this allows Plantronics to provide a more integrated approach that complements existing solutions.
Plantronics CEO and President Joe Burton has assembled his leadership team from the talent of both companies. The team consists of:
- Amy Barzdukas, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer
- Cary Bran, Senior Vice President and Chief Strategy Officer
- Alex Bustamante, Executive Vice President of Global Operations and President of PLAMEX
- Mary Huser, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal and Compliance Officer
- Jeff Loebbaka, Executive Vice President, Global Sales
- Tarun Loomba, Executive Vice President, Product and Solutions Management
- Navin Mehta, Executive Vice President, Global Services
- Shantanu Sarkar, Executive Vice President, Headset Business Unit
- Phil Sherburne, Senior Vice President and Chief of Staff, Product Integration
- Pam Strayer, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Don Williams, Executive Vice President, Engineering
“Polycom and Plantronics together have limitless potential. Together, we can drive the user experience across the whole enterprise for collaboration,” said Don Williams, Plantronics’ Executive Vice President, Engineering. “The most exciting thing I find about the two companies coming together is our opportunity. Polycom and Plantronics have the talent and technologies to achieve greatness in the market. We offer a broad portfolio and integrated solutions that allow you to choose the platforms and systems that work best for your environment. These touchpoints foster human-to-human collaboration, with people at center.”