The Digital Signage Federation (DSF) announced the 2018-19 leadership of the Digital Signage Federation Global Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) Council, an affiliate organization that supports the needs of companies involved in the intersection between out-of-home advertising and the digital signage industry.
The primary objective of the DSF Global Digital Out-of-Home Council is to provide a resource for DSF members to build their capacity to support out-of-home advertising companies, agencies and brands. Much of this capacity will be developed through conformity of analytics, ad buying and technology deployment. The group will work on achievable goals in 2018-19, including:
- Identifying gaps in the commercial relations between out-of-home advertisers and digital signage networks and plan for ways to bridge these gaps using the platform of the DSF;
- Adoption of existing industry standards and practices, all of which will be communicated to DSF members;
- Creating professional development resources for the digital signage industry to provide a broad understanding of ad buying practices; this will include the development of the Digital Out-of-Home Summit before DSE in March 2019;
- Working with related industry associations to collaborate on aligning the goals of signage technology and out of home advertisers;
- Creating an environment where qualified digital signage suppliers and networks can support the business interests of advertisers.
The complete list of Global Digital Out-of-Home Council members can be viewed on the Digital Signage Federation’s website.
Richard Ventura, Vice President of Strategic Management for NEC Display Solutions and DSF Chairman, said of the announcement of the council leadership: “The shared insight of this group is necessary to grow opportunities for all parties involved in out-of-home advertising. The DSF membership will rely on this council for leadership and knowledge in the global DOOH ecosystem.”
The Digital Signage Federation Global Digital Out-of-Home Council leadership may call on the DSF membership for input and direction. Other members may be added to the council throughout the year.